• Each player should receive the same allotment of 5 boosters from which to draft the cards they will use to construct their deck.
• Each player must then build a minimum of a 30 card deck.
• This format does not require a player to have a character card in their deck. A player may choose a foundation from their deck at the beginning of the game when they would normally choose a character card this foundation acts as their character card for that game. If a player chooses a foundation instead of a character card they are considered to be playing a character card with a hand size of six and thirty vitality with no name and no abilities. As an alternative to this rule, all players may be provided the option of using a copy of The Universal Fighter as their main character, though that card may not be used in their deck.
• Any card may be played from a players hand face down as a foundation with a difficulty of 3. Character only cards may be played by any character.
• When playing a card in this format the normal resource restriction is lifted and when a player attempts to play a card that card must simply match a symbol with their character card.
• Any cards not used in a player's deck are considered to be in their sideboard and can be switched out between individual games and between matches/rounds.
The Booster Draft Edit
Players are seated at tables of eight players each, with the specific table and spot on that table being determined randomly. After everyone is seated, each player simultaneously opens one booster pack, selects a single card, and then passes the rest to the next player to their left. Packs are continually passed and picked from until all players have 7 cards. The next booster packs is then opened, a single card is picked and it is passed to the right. This continues with each pack changing direction back and forth until all cards have been drafted and each player has 35 cards. During drafting, players examine privately the cards they receive; direct communication between drafters is not allowed. Once all cards have been drafted, 15 minutes is allowed for deck construction, then normal round pairing is announced and standard tournament rounds being.